A Service Group of the Genealogical Society of Victoria
Postal Address: The Secretary International Settlers Group, C/- GSV,
Level 6, 85 Queen Street, Melbourne 3000 AUSTRALIA
Phone: 03 9662 4455
Aims of the group
- Compile and collate genealogical research information on the non-British countries.
- Assist Subscribers with their research activities through correspondence, newsletters and for GSV members, articles in 'Ancestor' the official journal of the GSV.
- Increase the holdings of the Society's Library relating to non-British research.
- Sharing experience and resources with Newsletter Subscribers.
The International Settlers Group offers you:
- Assistance with your research problems in Australia and overseas.
- A chance to meet and get to know fellow members and to exchange activities and ideas.
- Newsletter published regularly giving activities of the International Settlers Group (ISG), articles of interest and various reports.
- The opportunity to further your genealogical knowledge through the use of records available within the ISG.
- Guidance as to the records held in the Genealogical Society of Victoria (GSV) library, which may assist you in your particular area of research.
- The chance to include details relating to your ancestors in our "Members Interest Directory" which is updated on a continuous basis and published in the Newsletter.
- An opportunity to contribute information in Our Newsletter.
The International Settlers Group Newsletter (Quarterly)
It is published quarterly in January, April, July and October. It is recommended reading for any person with person with an interest in non-British genealogical research.
Membership Subscription: $11.00 per year (inc GST)
International Settlers Group ISG Membership application form
- Held quarterly on the third Saturday in February, May, August and November.
- Commencing 1.00 pm in GSV Meeting room (unless otherwise notified).
- Visitors always welcome
- Afternoon tea will be served
Next Meeting: Saturday 15th February 2020, 1.00pm at the GSV Research and Education Centre:
Our annual PROBLEM-SOLVING WORKSHOP (Non-British).
Members are invited to bring along their research problems and 'brick walls" to get assistance from other ISG members. Experienced researchers as well as beginners are required to make the meeting a success.
Research and Fees:
The International Settlers Group (ISG) does research for its subscribers and other interested parties, under the auspices of the Research Services GSV and at the same rates, which are:- Members $30.00 per hour (inc GST) Non Members $50.00 per hour (inc GST) + photocopying charges and postal charges where applicable. Please enclose sae for initial inquiry.
Address to Hon Secretary ISG or email: email@example.com
Wish List - Non-British:
We are encouraging members to join in this scheme to help build up overseas records for the GSV Library
Would you like to share in the cost of a CD or Book ?
Donations may be made toward the cost of purchasing these items.
Map Guides to German Parish Registers
The German Map Guide Books identify the parish where an ancestor went to church in Germany, based on where they lived. They also give the Family History Library microfilm number for the parish records and this identifies nearly every city, town and place that included residents. Also they visually identify church parishes for Lutherans and Catholics within each district. Prices are: Soft Cover: AUS $65.00 by Kevan Hansen
Next publications :- Free and Hanseatic City of Lübeck, Free and Hanseatic City of Bremen, Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg. (3 – 4 Volumes)
Kevan Hansen will be compiling a series on the cantons of Switzerland - in a very similar fashion to the German Parish Register books. Most likely about 20 books or less covering all 26 cantons.
All donations over $2.00 are tax deductible. Cheques should be made payable to the 'Genealogical Society of Victoria' and posted to the Secretary ISG at the above address. Enquiries may be made to Yvonne Izatt firstname.lastname@example.org
www.feefhs.org Federation of East European Family History Societies
www.cyndislist.com World database of genealogy links
http://wiki-en.genealogy.net/Main_Page German Genealogy & more
www.naa.gov.au National Archives of Australia
www.prov.vic.gov.au Public Record Office Victoria
http://niederweisel.com “The Nieder-Weisel Story”
www.niederweiselmemorial.com The Nieder Weisel Memorial
www.croatia-in-english.com Croatian genealogy
www.agfhs.org.uk/ Anglo German Family History Society (UK)
http://trees.ancestry.com.au/ Ancestry (paid site)
http://pgsa.org/ Polish Genealogical Society of America
www.jewishgen.org/ JewishGen Databases
Countries being researched by members:
|CANADA||ITALY||SCHLESWIG / HOLSTEIN|