At the IAG’s 2021 Annual General Meeting all official positions were vacant, and remained unfilled.
The meeting voted to suspend the operations of the Irish Ancestry Group for twelve months.
Quarterly 2nd Saturday February, May, August and November at 1.00pm. The August Meeting is our Annual General Meeting.
The venue for the Quarterly meetings is: the Genealogical Society of Victoria
Meeting room Level 1, 10 Queen Street Melbourne.
Meetings usually begin with a group discussion on set topics. We are currently working our way through the counties of Ireland, but you are welcome to share any news or information at this session. Meetings include a chance to ask for help, tell of your success, or pass on useful information.
Postal Address: Level 1, 10 Queen Street, Melbourne Vic 3000 AUSTRALIA
Tel 03 9662 4455
IRISH ANCESTRY GROUP COMMITTEE 2019-2020
Gwen Hardingham (Acting)
HELPER AIDE GROUP
For further enquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aims and Objectives of the group
- To foster the study of Irish History and assist with family history research as it relates to Irish Immigration, particularly in relation to Australia.
- To assist and encourage the study of Irish Family History.
- To produce a quarterly newsletter "BLARNEY"
- To produce a Subscriber's Irish Interest List when required.
- To maintain liaison with Irish genealogy Groups.
- To present seminars and conferences
- To purchase suitable Irish Research media for inclusion in the GSV Library.
- To sell an Irish Research starters kit
- To distribute a newsletter titled Blarney.
- To hold quarterly meetings of the Group's members at which . . .
- Local or visiting guest speakers may present subjects.
- Members participate in group discussions
An Irish Research person is in the GSV library on the 4th Wednesday of the month. Other staff and volunteers would also be able to assist you at other times. Email email@example.com for information of a time when a research volunteer is on duty in the library.
Beginner's Kit available at $10. Available at Saturday meetings (with correct money), or can be posted.
Our quarterly newsletter is "BLARNEY"
- What's new in the Irish genealogy world
- Upcoming meetings and events
- Articles of interest to Irish researchers
Copies may be obtained by Application to the Treasurer.
Any person can subscribe to the Blarney, and contributions are alway welcome. We endeavour to bring you all updates and new resources as they become available.