You may have read in the latest edition of Ancestor that the University of Tasmania is offering a scholarship for a GSV member to study their Diploma of Family History commencing in 2023.
Applications are now open and can be made online through the University’s Scholarship Office: https://info.scholarships.utas.edu.au/AwardDetails.aspx?AwardId=2940
Details of the scholarship are:
- The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees
- The course is fully online and flexible, consisting of 8 units that can be studied at the student's own pace
- Applications are open to members of GSV
- The scholarship recipient will be announced in November
- Applications will need to include:
- Evidence of current membership of the GSV
- A brief CV (max. 2 pages)
- A written statement, comprising two parts:
- A micro-story (max. 350 words) regarding a family photograph or heirloom and what it reveals about your family history
- A response to the question (max. 250 words): What would a scholarship to study the Diploma of Family History mean to you?
- Be able to commence study in Term 1, in February 2023.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your family history research skills and to expand your knowledge in finding and interpreting information about families in the past and sharing family stories with others. Further details about the course may be found on the University’s website: https://www.utas.edu.au/courses/cale/courses/r2h-diploma-of-family-history