Any company, institution, society or association which was formed to promote and participate in the study and research of genealogy, family or local history, heraldry and allied subjects is eligible to apply for Member Society membership of the Society. Applications for admission as a Member Society must be on the appropriate form, available from the Society, and be accompanied by the appropriate fees.
Membership Society benefits
- Receive Ancestor quarterly
- Receive Bookshop Bulletin, with details of new items
- 10% discount on Bookstall purchases (except items marked no discount)
- Annual meeting of Member Societies
- Activity reports published in Ancestor free of charge (at the discretion of the Editor)
- Non transferable membership card for one nominated representative.
- Special rates for Volunteer and Asset Insurance
- Opportunity to participate in a group public liability insurance scheme
- Opportunity to participate in Association Board Member Liability scheme
- Listing on our web site
- Listing in Ancestor our quarterly journal
The nominated representative of the society:
- Can attend GSV AGM and vote on behalf of the group
- Can research on behalf of the group using GSV Library services
- Has access to the 'members only area' of the website on behalf of the group
- If they are already a member of the GSV they can suspend their membership during their time as a representative (they will not receive a personal copy of Ancestor).