Would you like to visit an interstate society?
As a member of the Genealogical Society of Victoria GSV (living in Victoria) you can visit the societies listed below under a reciprocal rights agreement.
Before you travel please contact us and we will provide you with a letter detailing your membership. Please allow enough time for this to be posted to you as you will need to produce the original document at the society you visit. Alternatively your Ancestor mailing label includes your 'renewed to' date, simply take that with you. If you have not made arrangements prior to travelling, the society you visit will need to check with us to see if your membership is current and if you are eligible to use the reciprocal rights. This may incur a cost.
- The Society of Australian Genealogists
- Tasmanian Family History Society
- Genealogical Society of Queensland
- South Australian Genealogy & Heraldry Society
- Heraldry & Genealogy Society of Canberra
- Western Australian Genealogical Society
- Northern Territory Genealogical Society
- New Zealand Society of Genealogists
As a member of another society, what rights have I got?
If you live outside Victoria and are a member of your home state society (as listed below), you can visit the GSV Library under a reciprocal rights agreement. Proof of current financial membership status is required.
• The Society of Australian Genealogists
• Tasmanian Family History Society
• Genealogical Society of Queensland
• South Australian Genealogy & Heraldry Society
• Heraldry & Genealogy Society of Canberra
• Western Australian Genealogical Society
• Northern Territory Genealogical Society
• New Zealand Society of Genealogists
Please make sure you bring your current membership card and proof of financial status with you.